Friday, August 27, 2010

In the Beginning

In every beginning there is a idea.  That idea soon becomes a dream and for many that is the most it will ever become...  Here is my dedication to making that dream a reality.

First lets start of with a little introduction about myself.  I make my living in front of a computer programming websites and what not.  I am living in a nice little house in a little town where downtown and country living are just blocks apart.  I am basically bored, I keep busy, but bored none the less.  I go to work, I come home and cook myself dinner and then work around the house.  Go to sleep then repeat.  Most of my friends are married, getting married, moving away and having children while I stand around lost.  Granted I have lots of fun when I can, but I am basically sick of the typical routine (call it an early midlife crisis). Hah!

So here's my crazy plan.  I am going to buy a sailboat, fix her up and take her to places unknown in the next 2-3 years.

Crazy huh?

My hopes are to share my experiences, lessons learned, thought processes with others whom may be looking to join me in the near future.

More to come...

5 comments:

  1. I am going to be looking for someone to tag along. Hard to find someone willing to give it all up and live on a boat with someone for that long, hah! It'll be the experience of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, let's see where I am when you get rolling... Being a freelancer by trade gives me an awful lot of leeway in the "giving it all up" department.

    Well, and there's that whole meeting IRL thing too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dream. I love even more that you are going to try and make it a reality. I hope you enjoy the adventure. Too bad we are land locked. Would so like to see you sail up the coast for a vist.
    Some advice from someone who has risked it all... Living a dream is more difficult than reality, but way more fun and in the end totally worth it!
    I'm going to follow, can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love your picture so awesome! Same with the blog, teach me your great blogging methods, oh great one. Anyways, thanks for the tips I'll take it to heart and hopefully at some point I may sail along the west coast and you can drive over or something. I am also planning soon to visit Nevada, Lake Tahoe. How far away are you from there?

    ReplyDelete