Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Overwhelmed

The one feeling I am finding that likes to constantly creep up on me is a sense of the overwhelming task in front of me.  There is so much to do and so much to learn.  I am finding that I have to break things into little steps.  Just in researching what boat to buy brings up so many new challenges to overcome.  What size do I want?  How much will it cost to buy? Boat surveys, haul outs, insurance, slip fees?  How much will it cost to repair and make it truly worthing of the ocean.  How much is it going to cost to outfit her with needed equipment?  A lot of my concerns are the upfront costs and the running costs.  I'd ideally like to live a very simple life aboard enabling me to have a significantly reduced income.

Where to begin?

I know I have basically settled on the 30-35 foot range of boat made in the late 70's or early 80's.  I'd also like to purchase one here in West Michigan so I don't have to travel too far to view the boat.

Anyways, that's just some of my thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment